Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

How to stop acting like a child?

I’m 21 and I act like a 10 year old. I’m so immature that even my mum calls me a baby. Most people my age and even worse people younger than me are way more mature and adult like. What can I do to mature and act my age? Like I will happily do something everyday whatever it is to improve. Because it affects me, like even at work my colleagues don’t take me serious, I got a driving licence but when I’m in a car I feel like I’m a kid trying to drive, all my friend don’t really contact me as much because they don’t like talking to me as they probability thinking why.bother with this kid, and I hardly talk to any girls. I’m just showing how being immature can really affect me.

nobody can be 100% mature.   Why do you think some people buy expensive cars or expensive bags?   because their inner child always want a toy to play with.  it is just normal. 

But the most immature thing is when you do stupid things to other people.   Like fighting, having an argument for stupid things, having a messy bedroom, etc.  The difference between adults and kids that they know when to do something at the right time.  

Stop asking questions on Yahoo Answers.

• ctc453

Vote blue. You're clearly a Trumptard

• John

Your a girl and want to "talk" to other girls?

Uh huh...ten year old...sure.,

• John

Nice lez act.

You are still quite young, at age 21.  I know that many young adults, seem to be under the impression, that once you reach a certain age, you 'turn a switch' & suddenly you act like an adult!

Most teens and young adults, struggle with the concept of 'acting their age'.  I don't see any issue with just growing older, slowly at your own pace.  The more you socialise, with old or new friends, work colleagues etc, the more confident you'll become.

Don't put yourself under pressure, to 'get a girl friend', just chat to female colleagues, friends girlfriends.  One day, you'll be chatting to a woman and something will click and then your an 'item'.  Don't be in a hurry to grow old!  Stay young as long as you can!

• e9601:

First off, stop saying "like." Do you have adult friends? Get involved in adult activities.

if you want to stop acting like a child then you should understand him. what he wants. if he is not a mature then I think it does not right to forced him to stop acting like child

• j153e

You might try counseling https://www.hopefortheheart.org

and reading

"101 Things All Young Adults Should Know;"

"Understanding Yourself" by Mark Prophet;

"For Couples Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn;

"Peter Pan" for fun.

• Jesere

Acting like a child and being immature are 2 very different behaviors. I am mature and responsible however at 63 I still act like a child as often as I can.

maybe you should get some counseling , it might help you out, my friends dont seem to want to contact me either cause im short and look like a kid