Can you call the cops to have them watch your back ?

If you have a car brake down in bad side of a big city can you call the police to protect you while you are loading an chaining down the car on to the trailer to keep you from being robbed or mugged or killed 

I got my question answered an the answer is yes they will do that an i was told by a sheriff an a state trooper 

Unless the location of the car is a daner to traffic, the police have more important things to do. Call a tow truck. You have a higher chance of being mugged at home than while broken down at the side of the road.

I'm sure the police would be happy to take time away from their "real job" to act as your bodyguard.

Not their job at all, no.

you can try but they might be too busy fighting real crime to deal with a crime that hasnt happened

It's worth a try.  If they aren't busy, they may come out .

If you have fingers, you can call. But they won't come out for that.