Why do gun nuts claim the government has no right to know what guns they purchase, every purchase you make is tracked, Patriot Act anyone?

From the toilet paper you wipe your *** with to the chewing gum and the ammo. Make a transaction and it is tracked and stored. Sad. Believe me.

That is different from a federal gun registry. For example, marijuana was legalized in some states, but it is still a federal crime to own it. Sure, the store owners keep a record of it, but it is not common for federal agents to track anybody down for state-legal possession, despite the War on Drugs. It is because they cannot easily track it.

A federal gun registry would give the federal agents the ability to know who are the most formidable citizens and could more easily target, attack, and/or disarm those civilians should the government become very corrupt. There is absolutely no reason to have a federal gun registry, when you yourself said transactions are tracked anyway. A federal gun registry only helps a tyrannical government. People already go through background checks, there is no reason to screw over law-abiding citizens, especially since the more dangerous gun smugglers will not be a part of the registry.

• Jim1 month agoReport

You should know by now that the Bush Administration used false confessions and propoganda to garner support for the war in the middle east, as well as surveillance of citizens under these false pretenses. The Patriot Act should be revoked.

no its not

when I sell a weapon, I don't do any paperwork at all

• Rick

The instant background check law prohibits them from keeping records.

Not if you pay cash.

Speaking of firearms I bought my first ammunition ever last month. It was 4 boxes of 50 .22 caliber long rifle bullets for target practice.

I was required to show an acquisition certificate. I had to get a friend to buy them for me because I'd forgotten the paper at home.

• Yes, and those of us both on the Left and Right have stated for the record that The Patriot Act is unconstitutional.

It's not stored in a government database if you're talking about toilet paper. Toilet paper might MAYBE be kept in a company's record or loosely on a credit card's history, but if you pay with cash and the company doesn't care to keep record of its toilet paper sales, I don't see how they'd be able to find out unless the store has a camera to watch you literally purchase it or there are witnesses or they find the receipt in your possession or something. 

That's why I gave up using toilet paper, just tree leaves for me now. I am known as the Stealth Chitter. 

• NONAME1 month agoReport

lol

• Ro

Gun nuts are those that would disarm the law abiding people of this nation, therefore depriving them of their private property, their Constitutional rights, due process and ultimately their freedom.

Democrats steal guns to shoot up schools.

80% of homicides in America occur in the 15% of American counties that Hillary won