Banned from what? Meaning...?

I read this headline about a Brazilian tennis player found guilty of match fixing: “Joao Souza is banned from living”.

I know it's “for life” but what does it actually mean? That he won't be allowed to live?

• Brisco
    Favorite Answer

"Banned for life" means that the player is banned from that sport forever. He will not be allowed to play professionally again, ever, for the rest of his life.

"Banned from living" could either be a mistake written by someone who doesn't speak English well, or it could have been facetious (meant to be humorous). Without seeing it, it's impossible to say. 

• Brisco

I went to the link and it's very strange. It look's like sloppy editing, like they did not proof-read the article before publishing it. Unfortunately mistakes are not uncommon in online articles. The standards are a lot lower than for older, bigger, established in-print publications & magazines.