Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 8 months ago

In NYC how do I get a diagnosis of social anxiety FOR FREE?

I want to get on disability before i become homeless so i dont get homeless. I ahve social anxiety preventing me from doing some jobs like secretary which requires talking to people a lot.

And nobody else is hiring me. Ive applied to entry level jobs in food, office retail etc. Nobody wants me and i need money to live.

Please help.

From what I know, Social Security will refer you to a doctor. They will pick up the costs. Have you tried going to the local SS office. Don't waste time on the phone.

Source(s): Been on disability for 15 years.
  • Judith

If you are talking about social security disability and/or SSI disability, you are going to need far more than a diagnosis.  A diagnosis alone is meaningless.  The medical evidence must show that you are so severely disabled that you are incapable of working and earning $1260 a month in ANY job - not just jobs you've held - and you must be incapable of working for at least a year.

SS gets the medical records and evaluates them and SS makes the medical decision - not any of your doctors.

Social Security is not an unemployment agency.  No one gets benefits just because no one will hire them.

I was a SS claims rep for 32 yrs.