Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 4 weeks ago

I have dyspraxia & can only ride a three wheeler Trike motorbike. Would a two wheeler with side cart work? ?

Hi, 

I am 21 & I was planning to get a license this year. Since I have Dyspraxia (Developmental coordination disorder. Issues with balance with a two wheeler bike) I can only ride a Trike (three wheeler) & I was wondering if I got a two wheeler & had a sidecar that it would be like a trike (since it has three wheels) would I be able to ride it? I wouldn’t take it off the motorbike or is it different? 

Does it still keep a better balance? 

What do you think? 

Thank you for reading & answering 

Why Can't you? Is it a medical deferment? Or do you just say this and the DOT give it to you? Need  an  MD's statement to make it official.

• adam

Im thinking you would benefit from a polaris 3 wheeler. The type with the 2 wheels in front and third wheel in back. That solves your balance problem.  Very stable. The traditional trike isnt very stable. 

• Anton

A trike or a motorcycle with a sidecar does *not* balance.

Licensing depends on where you are.  In California, you ride with a standard Class-C (car) license.

In some places you need a three-wheel endorsement on a motorcycle license.

• noname3 weeks agoReport

No it Doesn't. The Governator   while he and his boy  on a sidecar in Sacto, scandal that Arnie  had no MC endorsement. Turns out, Ca doesn't require it, just cage  license:
      https://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/arnold-schwarzeneggers-crash-teaches-lessons-about-motorcycle-and-sidecar-safety/