Will the corona virus wipe out humanity?

Favorite Answer

Fingers crossed over here. Maybe a vaccine would be better protection?

Well I estimated that the cases are doubling every week. So by week 11 from now we will all have been infected if we were going to be, and that's supposed to be set at 60% of the population if containment measures fail.  I'm guessing that means either 40% wont get it or 40% went unmeasured at least as a proportion.  Its killing about 2% of cases, so the end figures I came up with were that it will kill about 90 million people in total.  Basically two percent of the world. I mean I could have gone straight to that, like as in if it kills 2% of people and its spreading like a lady of the night on crack cocaine, it ought to get through quite a few customers.  Please correct me if I'm wrong

Impossible. There has been an outbreak of a strain like this before and it was quickly contained. Don’t worry about it

ZERO chance of that.  In fact, I'll be very surprised if you hear of it at all in 6 months time.    

I truly doubt that.

Fvck no. Maybe around 3,000-4,000 people may die.