Feel heartbroken after leaving work with no notice?

I couldn’t tolerate the work environment anymore. That said there were still good coworkers/ managers that really cared.

I feel like I did the wrong thing by leaving on the spot, but I couldn’t tolerate it anymore and just put in my notice as politely as I could.

Did I do the wrong thing?

Don't sweat what you can't change and if they made it intolerable, you did what you had to do.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.

Yes. You didn't give proper notice. Which means you have job abandoned without notice on your record.

Heartbroken?? Jesus. Exaggerate much. You just showed your immaturity.

I find loopholes in the system and exploit them for money. I never worked a job.

You didnt put in your notice...you quit without any advanced notice.  Yes, you did the wrong thing. 

Yes, IMO you did the wrong thing.  You didn't give notice - you quit - then left on the spot.  You should always give notice (sometimes a company may ask you to leave immediately - which would be to your benefit).  

If you had a problem with the work environment you should have let Human Resources know what was going on, and then tendered your resignation and given notice to them.  In any event, it's done, no changing it now.  Good luck.

What's with all the troll questions about giving notice today?

• Judy

Yes you did the wrong thing, but what's done is done. Move on.

• marty

If the job was making you unhappy then you did the right thing. Don't feel bad, you're doing what's best for yourself, the company will keep going.

• Mandy

If you left on the spot, there was no notice given. Notice means, I am leaving in a week, two weeks, etc.   Too late to worry about what and how you did it now.