Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 3 weeks ago

How illegal is starting/joining a cult?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

The US constitution gives freedom of religion to all citizens, so joining or starting a cult is legal.  If you tell the cult members to do something illegal such as take illegal drugs as part of worship, then they can be convicted for drug possession.  

• 3 weeks ago

"Illegal" means "breaking the law". A cult can often be immoral, but unless they break a law they are not technically illegal.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Why is this in the Military section? Oh, I looked at your previous "questions". You're a TROLL.

• 3 weeks ago

If you are stupid enough to do it, the law will not interfere with your stupid choices.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bob
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Tell me where, I'll join I'm tired of the way things are going. What's for supper?

• 3 weeks ago

In the USA, as long as they don't encourage members to do something illegal, it's not illegal. Scientology and the late Rev. Moon's "Unification" church are going strong.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

The world is jacked up for to suit those who vote for them eating flesh with flies.

Beautiful scenery though

• KaleyK
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

There are no degrees of "illegal".  It's either legal or illegal.    Starting or joining a cult is not illegal.  The actions of the cult may be illegal.  For example if your cult sacrifices children, that is illegal.  If your cult practices putting peanut butter on bananas, that is not illegal. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

it might depend on what cult you join

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.