William asked in SportsOther - Sports · 2 months ago

What sport should I play?

So I'm quitting football and I want to play a new sport. I'm going to be going into junior year and I'm considering Wrestling, Crew, Golf, and/or track. What are your experiences with any of these sports?

Golf.  IT is the only sports that is on the rise.   All other sports are dying because of the league games are being cancelled.   Football, soccer, Basketball, and wrestling (this sports is for clown). 

People who said golf is not a sport have never played golf.   Or maybe they only see golf when the senior people were playing.    There is NCAA tournaments for golfers.  Also see if you can hit 100 balls with a 5 iron with the blade head design.   Do you have the stamina to hit balls that many?

do wrestling or track i guess but i didnt like track

• Mason1 month agoReport

Wrestling, you are use to being tackled a lot so wrestling in a way would be the same.

You should try Cheerleading it might be a good fit it's an all season sport except for soccer and baseball because it's comp season during their season but it could be something new and it's a pretty challenging sport that could get you to learn a lot of new things 

Wrestling or track (based on your selections). Golf isn't a sport (excepting hate replies from Golfers :-)

What about water sports? Water polo, racing laps, diving? They're all fun and will give you a good workout, and an excellent excuse to wear speedos; because you're not doing it to show off or for the fashion, but because speedos are the required dress code for competative water sports.

Also, water sports are less strenuous on your joints, especially the knees.

Or maybe volleyball if your school can't doesn't have a pool, or won't accommodate to find one.

Of course do whatever you please.

• William2 months agoReport

Haha... I'm not offended by the golf comment... but I was just referring to sports I could play at my school.

• Brian

Wrestling: hug a sweaty guy. Pass

Crew: booooring.

Golf: Nice scenery, plenty of good stories, chance to see cute girls.

Track: Only if you get to mingle with the girls' track team.

Track is a good foundation sport that you can transition skills over to any other sport. My personal favorite just because you get in such great shape.

• Fulk Y

There is a new sport you didnt mention. Its called Find the Branch. You and a number of your buddies go into the woods and look for the best tree branch you can find. Whoever gets the best one in 45 minutes is the winner. Very gratifying, very exciting. The chicks love a dude who is good at it

• .

It depends on what options you have.  High school sports are seasonal, and not year round. You could be decent at wrestling if you've got good cardio fitness and strong legs.