Angie asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 2 months ago

Taking Buproprion and Duloxetine while pregnant? ?

I take Buproprion and Duloxetine. I just found out that I am pregnant today. The quick google search I just did suggests they both aren’t recommended. So..do I just stop cold turkey?? I called my doctors office and left a message and no one returned my call today. Not sure if I should take them tonight or wait until I hear from my doctor...

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

For a prompt answer, take your medicine bottles to your pharmacist and ask for a consultation.  Also, the leaflets that came with your prescriptions probably have some information about taking them during pregnancy.

You can also plug those drug names into your search engine (one at a time) to see what the leaflets would say, in case you don't have them now.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • August
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I wouldn't without proper medical advice as they could create allergies for your new born 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Stop taking that crap now. For the baby's sake. 

• 2 months ago

These medications are not generally prescribed together.

Bupropion should have been stopped before you were at risk of pregnancy.

Duloxetine can cause SEVERE withdrawal symptoms including death if stopped abruptly but should be stopped befor 3rd trimester.

Continue to take as prescribed until you speak to your doctor but get an urgent appointment to discuss.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Lay off them and see your doctor just as soon as you can...If your are in pain, take aspirin or ibuprofen in the meantime. Of course you have an obstetrician, right?

• Jill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can ask a OB/GYN online - https://www.justanswer.com/

• August
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

which is chargeable 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.