Angie asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 2 months ago

Taking Buproprion and Duloxetine while pregnant? ?

I take Buproprion and Duloxetine. I just found out that I am pregnant today. The quick google search I just did suggests they both aren’t recommended. So..do I just stop cold turkey?? I called my doctors office and left a message and no one returned my call today. Not sure if I should take them tonight or wait until I hear from my doctor...

For a prompt answer, take your medicine bottles to your pharmacist and ask for a consultation.  Also, the leaflets that came with your prescriptions probably have some information about taking them during pregnancy.

You can also plug those drug names into your search engine (one at a time) to see what the leaflets would say, in case you don't have them now.

• August

I wouldn't without proper medical advice as they could create allergies for your new born 

• ?

Stop taking that crap now. For the baby's sake. 

These medications are not generally prescribed together.

Bupropion should have been stopped before you were at risk of pregnancy.

Duloxetine can cause SEVERE withdrawal symptoms including death if stopped abruptly but should be stopped befor 3rd trimester.

Continue to take as prescribed until you speak to your doctor but get an urgent appointment to discuss.

• Mark

Lay off them and see your doctor just as soon as you can...If your are in pain, take aspirin or ibuprofen in the meantime. Of course you have an obstetrician, right?

• Jill

You can ask a OB/GYN online - https://www.justanswer.com/

• August

which is chargeable