how do you deal with people looking at you as if there's something wrong with you?

i'm a male aged 42, i have mental problems but i do my best to control my public conduct, even though i can feel nervous, agitated, anxious and annoyed at times....i'm bald, caucasian have a little moustache and are 6ft 1 with an olive skin tone..

many of times ive been in public, at the gym or at the supermarket and ive caught people looking at me in a lingering fashion as if there is something wrong with me...as if i'm some misfit and it has made me feel annoyed and offended.....as i feel im being given different treatment to everyone else, that i'm being singled out.

how do you deal with people doing that?

Ignore them, they do not matter.

Do not get angry or rude, let their stares bounce off you.

My curse is being good looking while knowing to reject the advances of Harlots of Roam. Didn't you know those who face up look down?

• Linda

I am sorry for the way you have been treated and it is unjust, Ravenhill. My son is 37 and he gets stared down sometimes mercifully. He has autism. Yesterday at the store I was with him and the manager followed him until he saw he was with me. Ignore their looks and if they keep staring, stare at them and don't blink your eyes until they finally turn away. People can be so judgmental and cruel at times and the world is often unjust and puts labels on people they deem different.

petard. are you really that willfully blind? a male's prime is from 25 to 55. if you're a 35 year old looking 42 year old people notice.