Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailNotices and Errors · 2 months ago

Does usps leave a slip when mail is being held? ?

If I put my mail on hold will there be anything in my mailbox about it? 

no it doent work

Not normally if you do a written hold. If the held mail is a very large volume, they may leave you a slip after the hold period to come to pick it up at the post office.

• SOT3

Not normally if you do a written hold. If the held mail is a very large volume, they may leave you a slip after the hold period to come to pick it up at the post office. If you started the hold on their website, they send you an email when it starts and stops. Again, large volumes may get you a slip in your mailbox.

No. Not if YOU put it on hold.

The delivery slips are used only for regular mail, when no one is home, and the item must be signed for.

Or if the item is too large for the Box.

You might be interested in:

Informed Delivery® by USPS®Digitally preview your mail and manage your packages scheduled to arrive soon! Informed Delivery allows you to view greyscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-sized mailpieces and track packages in one convenient location.*

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/...

• Murzy

nothing in your mailbox

Perhaps things have changed, but as far as I remember, when I had mail held (for example, I was going on vacation), nothing went into the mailbox at all.  You would have to physically go into the post office to see if they had something for you.  Of course, a USPS mail hold doesn't apply to UPS, FedEx, Amazon delivery, etc.