D3stroy3r asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Are you “blind” without wearing glasses or contacts? ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Linda
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I am legally blind without glasses or contacts, D, and I am near sighted and so I really need my glasses or contacts to drive or watch TV or much of anything. It sometimes is a hassle keeping up with my glasses but I need them and cannot afford to have my vision surgically corrected. 

• David E
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Even though this was selected as the favorite answer, it is wrong. Take a look at the definition of legal blindness and you will see that it is absurd to speak of "legally blind without glasses." I think Yahoo made a good decision when they switched from "best answer" to "favorite answer".

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Yes, I am nearsighted and my vision is extremely blurry when I am not wearing contacts.

• 1 month ago

I cant see more than a few inches in front of my face without my glasses I have super bad eyesight and have a high prescription that sticks out of my frames 

• Emily1 month agoReport

so yeah im legally blind without them i cant see the big E on a eye chart 

• 2 months ago

I’m not blind without my glasses, just near sited. I can’t stand wearing glasses.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No, but my sister is.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I cant see anything without them. 

• 2 months ago

The closer they get to the rose bowl, the more they need them

• 2 months ago

Not -blind- by any means.  It's just annoying that I can't read stuff.  I feel perfectly normal and healthy until I look at my phone or someone hands me a business card or something.

• 2 months ago

No                        

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.