I want to go swimming but i'm too self conscious about my body, how would i go about doing it?

Hello wear something that your are comfortable in. Doesn’t need to be fancy or expensive. I used to feel like this in the gym/swimming. But tbh no ones is looking at you, they’re looking at their own bodies and concentrating on their own swimming/work outs. I’m not sure where you’re from but In the uk they always do things like adults swimming only, or ladies swim or a few aqua fit classes. Try and do some research and see if anything comes up like I’ve mentioned! Good luck 

• Ya-Hoo

Just get a one piece instead of a bikini

• LM440

Think about the fun of swimming not what others are thinking.  Most likely they are more concerned about the swimming than they are of you.  It's just something you have to get over and ignore.  And the best way to do that is to just have fun.

My roommate has this same problem, wear a bathing suit that compliments you

I had the same problem. I live in Florida and would also go to the beach. When I started gaining more weight, I was about 14. I was scared to death to go out in public without a black coat or go to the beach in a swim suit. I got over it though. Believe me, people won't take time to go out of their way to offend you in any way. 

It'll be alright. Go enjoy yourself!

With all the care and support!

realise that absolutely no-one else in the pool cares what your body looks. And find a swimming costume you like.

• patty

wear one of those sun protection tops.

Try going to a public pool where no one knows you. Then you will quickly learn that people aren't that concerned about how others look. It is more in your head than reality is the point.

• mokrie

Wear shorts and a T shirt and bring a change of clothes for after.

What are you wanting? A private swimming pool? If you want to go swimming, you want to go swimming.... your question makes no sense.