On average how much is a five-day vacation ?

I will be sending my great-nieces wedding in Iowa in August.  I just want an average on airfare, hotel room with kitchenette, food, I will be going by myself.  I just want to know would $2500 set aside be enough.  I might only stay four days but putting five that way if I want I can spend an extra night in the hotel.

From San Diego to Pacific Junction Iowa.

August 4 to August 8.

• pmt853

The average is likely to be of no use to you, you want prices for a specific set of requirements on specific dates. If only you had access to the internet you could find airline and hotel prices all for yourself. If only. 

Airfare from LA to Omaha can be very inexpensive.  I would assume the same for a departure from SD.

Pacific Junction likely doesn't have any hotels.  You will have to ask your family where they recommend you staying.  I think you should easily be able to do this trip for $1500.

If you want to treat yourself, stay at the Lied Lodge in Nebraska City.

Regardless, you should plan a visit to Arbor Day Farms... it's FANTASTIC.

The airfare from Katmandu to Iowa would run more than the airfare from Chicago to Iowa. So it always helps to say where you're starting out from.

• cjware19742 months agoReport

Like I posted from San Diego California to Pacific junction Iowa.

There is no point asking what an 'average 5-day vacation' would cost, when what you REALLY want to know is how much this specific trip is likely to cost.

The obvious way to find out is to check airfares and hotel prices. This is not rocket science. Only you can know what airports and times of day will suit you, and only you can know what kind of hotel will suit, and how important its location within the city is.

• A five day vacation should cost between 1-2 million dollars 

• drip

You can go to any travel site, Expedia, Travelocity 

And get prices for airfare and hotels and car rentals. Pretty easy to do. 

• John

Best price on United to Iowa City is $397 RT. I don't know what sort of person expects to spend $200/night hotel in Pacific Junction, Iowa but dinner's on them next time. Maybe $50, something more with kitchenette. And I gather you want to cook so you could live on spaghetti and salad the whole time if you want to. I don't know that town, it could be you'll have trouble finding a kitchenette....

https://www.choicehotels.com/iowa/pacific-junction...

• A Hunch

Iowa City?  260 miles from Iowa City to Pacific Junction... 25 miles from Omaha, NE to Pacific Junction, IA... where should the person fly to??

• martin

Figure hotel at $1,000 for 5 days, transportation at $1,500 for airfare, food at $800, and entertainment at $800, for a total of $4,100.

One, unless you tell us from WHERE to WHERE this airfare is to cover, no one can guess at what a reasonable price for it would be.

As well, hotel prices vary HUGELY depending on WHERE and WHEN. So, since you also left that out, no one here can even GUESS at what a reasonable price for this trip would be.