patty
Lv 6
patty asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 2 months ago

if u could only have one type of plant in your garden what would u choose? eg, annuals, roses etc?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Edwena
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Go to the nursery and buy a 6 pack of petunias.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

agree with the first answer

• 2 months ago

Aquilegia, there are just so many types of aquilegia with so many flower and leaf types. 

• 2 months ago

CACTUS... LOTS of then under windows and places where I do not want people walking and trespassing.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Axiom
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I would go for evergreens,that way you have some display all year round which could include flowers or berries.

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Grass.

You can make a whole garden of only that, and many people do.

Personally I prefer a mix.

• C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If I had to take the real world conditions of my actual north-facing garden into account and you don't count groundcover so we can presume the grass lawn I'd go for feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium).  It self-seeds readily, seems to love the challenging conditions making thick banks of the stuff, and flowers nearly all summer and past the first few frosts.  The bees and the butterflies like it, it's medicinal and has a not unpleasant "good for you" scent when crushed.  There are different cultivars (and naturally occurring wild variations) so you can expect to see everything from the ones that look like miniature daisies to double or more petalled ones to the ones that have no white outer petals and look like little yellow buttons giving a bit of variety.  If I really couldn't have anything else at all I'd choose that.

• 2 months ago

strawberries.....

• F
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Strawberries are invasive, so if you grow them , if your not careful, that will be all you've got.

• 2 months ago

Edible perennials. There are many of them that are both decorative and practical. You can have trees, herbs, greens, spices, fruit, vegetables and sweeteners that are edible and live year after year.

• 2 months ago

Several factors should go into such a choice.  Amount if sunlight, soil conditions, growing season, winter conditions, water requirements. So my choice would vary depending on conditions.

• elhigh
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Herbs.

There are lots of herbs that are beautiful when they're blooming - and even when they aren't, - and unlike mere annuals they can contribute to the table, making them both decorative and functional.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.