Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 2 months ago

My license is expiring in 4 months but i haven't driven a car in over 3 years should i renew it?

I take public transportation to work.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

For the few dollars.  It is the most common form of picture ID and you will not have to take a road test AGAIN.  Pay the $20 or so and you are good for another 5 years.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

A drivers license is the most common form of identification. Go for a state ID

• 2 months ago

I would, just for the ID if nothing else.

• Dan B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes. It's a government issued ID that can be used to notify your next of kin. You might need it to board an airplane or anything else that requires a real ID. You might be called upon to drive a car in the future. States do issue real IDs for those who don't or won't drive but that can be limiting.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It's far easier to renew a licence than it is to regain it.

As you haven't driven for over three years your recent driving record should not have any blemishes.

• CB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Better to renew, or you may have to take the tests over again. You never know when you will need a DL for a car rental on vacation or some other unforeseen need. 

• 2 months ago

in most cases better to keep it current rather than letting it lapse

• Tj
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Renewal is easier that retaking all the tests, if you decide to drive again. You may even have a unforeseen need for it.

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I would, just for the ID if nothing else.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Do you ever plan on driving again? It will be easier renewing the licenses now then trying to get them restated later. Your choice, not ours. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.