Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 2 months ago

Quitting an abusive, prison-like job, that's ruined your health- a no- brainer??

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Bort
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I'm figuring out that more employers than not aren't being abusive they're taking advantage of how labor laws are. Labor laws allow an employer to get away with what most people would consider mistreatment and as the labor industry sees it quitting for mistreatment (abuse) when it's not legitimately abuse or unlawful treatment is not acceptable. 

I suggest calling your local Department of Labor and describe to them what you think they're doing that's abusive and effecting your health. In the US if they agree it's abusive or the employer is doing anything illegal for that matter they'll tell you for one thing and for another ask whether you want them to move forward with investigating and doing something about it. 

If what they are doing is truly abusive you are able to quit and collect unemployment benefits. The sickening part is that what they're doing is most likely within how the enslavery I mean labor laws are written. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Find another job first...

• I would, but if I needed the money I would also try to find another job before quitting. 

If you want to quit the job then quit.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

so quit already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Don't you usually call it "toxic"?  Why do you need permission from strangers?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.