Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 2 months ago

Why does my baby crawl like this?

My baby just started crawling but he’s crawling kind of weirdly. He crawls with one leg but his other leg is tucked underneath him so it drags on the ground when he crawls. He only uses one leg to crawl and the other leg just sits there underneath him. Why does he crawl like this? 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

He's his own man. He doesn't follow the herd; a natural born leader.   Who knows why? Did you ask him?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Why have you NOT got down, on your hands and knees and showed him how to crawl?  A baby/child copies what they see...............

• 2 months ago

Toddlers that age do things differently at times probably .

• MissA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Take him to the doctor.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

That's completely normal.  Most babies who crawl start with the "Army crawl," which is pulling their body and legs with their arms only, then one leg, then both.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You need to take the baby to a doctor and see if the baby's leg is injured or without feeling. If child is dragging his leg like it's dead weight it could have a nerve problem or a physical injury.

• 2 months ago

It's very normal.

Our now 24 year old daughter crawled with one knee down, and one leg straight out.

No big deal.

• 2 months ago

Lots of babies do this.. they have to learn how..

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Babies crawl in many different ways. My daughter crawled backward for a while before going forward. My son skipped crawling completely and walked.

• 2 months ago

They all try different things,

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.