is it wrong to slap a child's Hand if he's about to stick his finger in an Outlet?

i wouldnt slap him, i would just say no and move his hand away

Todays kids are undisciplined. I would cane the child so hard he wouldnt be able to move next time he touches it.

Our child proof cover was "DON'T YOU DARE"   And when we did as we got older,  the "funky chicken jerk" was not a good feeling, so we did not do that.  I been zapped a few times using bad cords. 

"I Just can't stand that FEELING."  Watched lots of cartoons and can imagine the PAIN...I  have a natural aversion to pain.

I suppose it's a better idea to put childproof inserts into the sockets in the first place. This prevents slapping anyone. But it's a good idea to encourage kids to avoid outlets........

Firstly there's just about no effing way a child can fit even a finger in an electrical socket. Secondly, if you could you'd be fine unless you put another finger in the other hole. And thirdly I'd rather grab a child's hand before they're about to do something stupid with it but I wouldn't be against slapping the hand on principle if i thought they were gonna die...

Yes, There should be NO-VIOLENCE against a Child.

Modern custom is to reason with the child, explaining what might happen in a calm voice and manner.

It is the parents fault if an outlet does not have a child proof cover.

Any physical  or mental attack may be considered Child Abuse by busy-bodies and the state.

[Once burned, twice shy.]

get an outlet covers to cover the outlet

https://www.amazon.com/Babyproofing-Wappa-Baby-Pro...

you dont need to slap, you can grab it, or cover the outlet with yours or push it away