is it wrong to slap a child's Hand if he's about to stick his finger in an Outlet?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

i wouldnt slap him, i would just say no and move his hand away

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Todays kids are undisciplined. I would cane the child so hard he wouldnt be able to move next time he touches it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Our child proof cover was "DON'T YOU DARE"   And when we did as we got older,  the "funky chicken jerk" was not a good feeling, so we did not do that.  I been zapped a few times using bad cords. 

"I Just can't stand that FEELING."  Watched lots of cartoons and can imagine the PAIN...I  have a natural aversion to pain.

• 2 months ago

I suppose it's a better idea to put childproof inserts into the sockets in the first place. This prevents slapping anyone. But it's a good idea to encourage kids to avoid outlets........

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Firstly there's just about no effing way a child can fit even a finger in an electrical socket. Secondly, if you could you'd be fine unless you put another finger in the other hole. And thirdly I'd rather grab a child's hand before they're about to do something stupid with it but I wouldn't be against slapping the hand on principle if i thought they were gonna die...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, There should be NO-VIOLENCE against a Child.

Modern custom is to reason with the child, explaining what might happen in a calm voice and manner.

It is the parents fault if an outlet does not have a child proof cover.

Any physical  or mental attack may be considered Child Abuse by busy-bodies and the state.

[Once burned, twice shy.]

• 2 months ago

get an outlet covers to cover the outlet

https://www.amazon.com/Babyproofing-Wappa-Baby-Pro...

• 2 months ago

you dont need to slap, you can grab it, or cover the outlet with yours or push it away

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.