Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Do 16 year olds still have a bedtime?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

10 pm... and that's after you done you school work and 1 hr extra studying.. IF you don't like it get a job, get emancipated and move out.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Mr. L.
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

When I was 16 I had responsibilities, school, sports, after school job.  I went to bed based on my own level of comfort.  I learned pretty quick if I stayed up to watch TV too late I felt like crap the next day.  I set a schedule for my own feeling of wellbeing.  

• 2 months ago

While that traditionally is a parental decision based on safety/health factors, a bed time is unlikely but a curfew should be in place, it's there to be broken but raising a teenager is more of sage guidance and distance rather than strict bars and punishments.

• 2 months ago

Yes, now get to bed before I spank you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Elsa
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Well,this is a highly subjective question.

Some 16 year old do indeed have a bedtime, yes.

Some does not, though.

I personally used to go to bed at 9-9.30 p.m.during  the week ,back in high school.

On weekends and holidays i did go to bed during late night, of course.

I have to say that,back then, electronic devices luckily were not so overpowering. 

• 2 months ago

no thats fuking wierd 

• GB
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

My parents let me decide when to go to bed at age 12.  That was in the days before mobile phones or PCs, and I did not have a tv in my room, either.

• Faithe
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I'm a parent myself now, but I can remember as a child being given a random bedtime by my parents.  I wasn't at all tired at that time and would lie there for hours, bored.  To this day, I can't see how parents can randomly assign bedtimes, as if every child of a particular age needs exactly this amount of sleep.

If a teen is watching TV or using an electronic device that emits blue light close to the time that would give them an adequate night's sleep then the light overrides the body's natural rhythm and may fool the body into thinking it's not tired and doesn't need the sleep.

So, it makes sense that if a teen is not using devices late, goes to bed when he or she feels tired, and feels energetic the next day - all on a regular basis - that teen does not need an assigned bedtime.  That teen will know for himself around when he/she should go to bed.

• 2 months ago

My daughter is 15.  Her bedtime on school nights is 9:30 and non school nights it is 10. She will have this bedtime until she moves out.

• 4Red
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Poor child

• 2 months ago

Only the trolls

• Indeed. There are trolls on this site who genuinely believe 16 year olds have a bedtime, like a retard named “Mystic”.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.