maria asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 2 months ago

What are the healing stones? How do healing stones work?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I feel they do not work.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

They don't, unless you heat them up and put them on your sore muscles. Otherwise, it is all fake junk folk medicine.

• 1 month ago

They don't work at all. Anyone who claims they do should point you to a thorough peer reviewed scientific study, they can't because non exist. It's pure nonsense, the closest thing to a scientific study that shows them to be effective for anything is some looney hand waving about frequencies here. If you're sick with something that won't go away seek help from an M.D. not YA and certainly not silicate rocks. 

• 2 months ago

Healing stones vibrate at different frequencies.  All molecules vibrate.  These vibrations are the basis of infrared spectroscopy.  Our bodies have their own vibrational frequency.  I'm not exactly sure how healing stones work, but it has to do with vibration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared_spectroscop...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They don't. Just another old wives' tale.

• edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I don’t think they actually work. Basically stones like an inch or two long in various colours made of different substances like quartz, jade, amethyst and stuff, cheaper stones. They’re all supposed to do different things

• 2 months ago

Healing stones are just pretty stones. 

They don’t have any special magic healing qualities unless you crush them, extract mineral compounds from them, and use those as feeder chemicals to make medicines with.

• Robsteriark
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I don’t mind the thumb downs, but if you’re going to do so then at least post a comment to explain why!

• 2 months ago

Pebbles mostly. They look pretty.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.