Found these tracks on our back deck this morning.  Any idea what they are?  We are in Indianapolis.?

Attachment image

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Mr. P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Looks like a crow to me. They are intelligent, walk rather than hop, and are likely checking you out for food.

Try putting some food out for them as it is snowing and food is scarce right now. Anything you eat is fine by them.

• 1 month ago

Bird tracks.  To me, they look similar in size to the turkey tracks I see in the mud when I walk in the woods behind my house. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • james
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

One of the small spices of dinasours. You can tell this by the tail drag marks not to be confused with birds. Probably looking for a way in out of the cold. 

• Ann
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They are bird tracks--probably from a crow, since that's about the only kind of bird that hangs around in the winter.  It's looking for food.  If you will cut up some apples, put peanut butter on the slices and then roll the slices in bird seed, the birds will be most grateful. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Definitely a bird. I think crow is your best bet. 

• 2 months ago

It's a footprint from what I'd say is a one-legged man. Left leg, obviously. He probably hopped there, and then hopped away again. Hope this helped.

• Norman
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Some sort of bird?....

• al
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Tweety bird was there!!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.