At what age do babies start remembering?

6 days ago
    Favorite Answer

As far as memories that they can recall later in life, that is usually around the age of three to five years old. 

As far as "learning" and remembering things that they learn, that can start extremely early.  Some of the things that children learn was taught to them before an age that they can actually remember getting the lesson.  They usually say their first word before the age of one.  By the age of one, most babies know who "mommy" and "daddy" is.  These are things they "remember".  But, as an adult, you would not remember learning these kinds of early things.  

• Lili
    3 days ago

When they start being old enough to talk.

You need to have words to put to memories in order to recall them.

• 5 days ago

It depends on the individual. I personally remember before I was 2, like being in my pram and highchair...Some dont remember before the age of 5!

• 6 days ago

According to a study, babies start remembering after the age of 3. Before the age of 3, they might remember a few incidents but not most of the events.

6 days ago

It depends.  I remember crowning, it was sure tight.

• 6 days ago

I have memories going back to two years old. Before that I can't remember. My two year old memories are just memories of my sister, her friend Sylvia, Stacy, Kim, Stacy's father, Miguel, William, my high chair, eating cake, my bottle, my mother, grandfather's stool,, and people talking to me. I don't remember what they were saying, just gauge memories of them talking, and a bargain store my the movie theater that I got a plastic dinosaur. I remember my pink Beetle car. I also remember Romper Room which I remember liking, I just remember the name but not what the show was about. My earliest memories of specific conversations started around 3 years old. I remember sharing a bed with my sister at Brookdale on the lake and riding in a paddle boat when she had pigtails. I remember thinking the tour guide at Mt. Airy looked like the guy from Not Necessarily the News. I remember going to my Dad's job in Queens. I remember my mom giving me molded gelatin deserts, and forcing me to eat eggs.

Source(s): I remember liking my sisters friend Stacy, and my baby sitter Kim, and Williams sister. I remember pre school with my cousin Shanti. I remember having vacuum sockets in the wall that I would get in trouble for throwing change in. I remember my undercover federal carpenter Jim, and Jim getting drunk and hitting on my mother. I remember my undercover electrician doing the same thing. I remember having plastic bears I don't remember sleeping in a crib. I remember having a bunk bed with my sister on the 2nd floor, and my half bro Anthony being there and disappearing. I remember having sneezing spells, and wanting to be a Yuppie. I remember our first blue pool being installed. I remember my mom having a green Lincoln that my fraudster aunt took and started screaming at me saying if was never my moms. I guess this was the bisexual I'm not being recorded Aunt. They' were Brite huh?
  • 6 days ago

They seem to start remembering Mom right away.