Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Why is we give jobs to foreigners when there are loads of people in the UK who need jobs?

My local library for example just hired a bunch of Eastern Europeans, Canadians and Americans. What the hell? There are people around my area who need jobs. Why don t we have a rule in the UK where Businesses have to hire people from the local area who were born in the UK, or living here 15 years before we hire Eastern Europeans?

My parents own a couple businesses and we do the same thing. We hire local people, not people who have just arrived to the country.

I don't believe that British people won't do the jobs that immigrants do. Many White British people already work in cafe's, as cleaners, in restaurants, supermarket assistants, retail, hospitality, bus drivers etc. Problem is jobs are all in London & Birmingham. Most Brits don't want to move down to those parts of the country. 

The Library Assistant role is £12 p/h. 

@Anonymous. I think they already have a Visa. I go down to London a lot for conferences and other things. I've come across a lot of Americans and Canadians who now study or work here. A lot of Americans are moving to the UK permanently. Go to London and see for yourself. 

Wages are not low for ALL jobs in London. For example my cousin works at Oliver Bonas and she gets paid £10 p/h. My friends sister works at Monsoon Accessorize for £9.20 p/h and she gets 70% discount. My friends brother works at a private clinic as a catering assistant and she gets paid £10.50 p/h and free meals. One of my dads friends daughter goes to East London University and after she graduated she got a job at the Uni library...guess how much she is getting paid? £26,000 I am not even jokin

Spirit is the essential. Some jobs demand special spirits which local may not have. For example, fixing the sewage pipe.

£10 is a low wage for a Londoner, think about rents or commuting costs.  I work for a Commercial Cleaning Company that finds it incredibly hard to find people, who are capable of being reliable and actually do a decent job of keeping Offices clean.

They've employed both local British born workers and immigrants and to be honest, it doesn't really make much difference, if your workforce just can't be bothered to turn up for work every day.  Some people are just lazy and a bit crap at being good at even the most basic jobs.

remember not all brits are industrious, quite a few a simply lazy id rather give a job to someone who wants to do rather a lazy sod who doesnt

• Lv 5

and the Rest are the hardest working people in the world that is why RR Land Rover and Bentley are still built in the UK

Crops are rotting because the people in the UK who need jobs won't pick them. The Polish used to do it but they're scared of Brexit and won't come any more.

• Green Brick

the 'hard work', not only were they 'unfit' to endure the long hours in one position, they couldn't bothered to get up to do the job the next day or the day after or day after that.  'Career unemployed' people who somehow get away with sponging tax payers money, seem to know all the tricks to avoid

• Huh?

The usual reason is that the employers can't find any Brits who want to do the jobs on offer.  And if Brits won't do them, someone else will.

• Maria 🥛👌

They can’t find British people who will work in shitty conditions for low wages, you mean?

All jobs should be filled by UK workers there are plenty on the dole to fill them. The EU workers will work for less so it's to the advantage of companies to employ them.

Your local library cant be employing Americans and Canadians as they need a visa to work in Britain and they would never get one to work in a library  . 

• brother_in_magic

They could well have a British parent and have Right of Abode, so no visa needed.

• Katie

ALL the jobs in my area are given to foreigners or people who drive - the jobs I apply for are within 15/20 minutes walk of wear I live - it is outright discrimination.

• Katie

Mr Sceptic I do not drive because of ill health and the bus company that operates the service between where I live and the nearest city is unreliable - a lot of the time it does NOT turn up at all.

Because nationality means nothing anymore, you’re just a cog in the globohomo machine. 

Businesses that employ foreigners above a certain percentage should be taxed to the hilt. 

• arther

you know why don't you they are using these people to lower wages. They are paying them less.  A rule of thumb I go by which unfortunatley I have seen happen many times in the building industry is if the demo blokes are backpackers there is Asbestos.

I wonder how many backpackers will end up cancer from their time working as scab labor.