Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

Why was there a biracial couple in the Sonic the Hedgehog movie?

Being a Sonic fan ever since I first played Sonic 2 way back in the early 90s, I was super excited to see the movie.  I enjoyed it for the most part.  The one thing I didn't like was it making a political statement by having the main character who travels with Sonic have a black wife.  Why couldn't they have had a same race couple instead?  There was no need for his wife to be black.  It is so upsetting to me to see more and more mixed race couples in entertainment.  When will we go back to the days when only people of the same race dated and we didn't see white men hooking up with black women or black men hooking up with white women?

People seeing biracial couples in entertainment will make more people in the real world think that it is okay.  The only good thing was that the couple in the movie didn't have kids.  I'm fine with a mixed race couple as long as they don't reproduce because that will eventually bring about the end of white people.

In response to Rebel With A Cause: I WAS upset with Ariel being cast as a black girl but that's ONLY because she was white in the cartoon.  If she had been black in the cartoon that the upcoming movie is a live-action version of, I would be perfectly fine with a black actress playing her.  I only want to see established characters played actors of the same race as the character.  I would be equally pissed off if something like Family Matters was rebooted and they made Urkel white.

It's not racist to not want my skin color to die out.

It pisses me off whenever there's a biracial couple in entertainment but it pisses me off more if the plot doesn't even need the couple to be biracial because that means they just made the couple biracial to be progressive.

Only if the plot demands it you do accept racial mix? But in real life it just happens. There is no need for a plot demand. Or cannot fiction reflect life? 

• Steve

Careful. Your racism is showing.

I don't know, I don't particularly care Okay?

Good afternoon and stay with God 🙏😉 my first good afternoon today hehe

You’re ******* insane

IDK have not seen it go check it out and see.

If the soul does not die in it's sin, why are more syndromes walking out of Western Mosques ?

There is a very good reason why more black skulls are seen in thier revelry via TV (Like Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, they think they're taking over, and that the Royals never did.

But off course you'll be able to tell people how those books entered the library in the 1800's

• Rick

those are popular right now .........................................

• Mandy

Why was that a political statement to you?  And what would it have done for you and your life for the couple to have been the same race?  Would you have gotten a part of the gross or something?

• Cogito

I'm blocked too.  To the asker - there is nothing wrong with them having a biracial couple and it's not a political statement.  It just reflects real life.  There IS nothing wrong with biracial couples or their having children.