What’s your favourite first and last names? ?

Looking for ideas for a female character I’m writing about. I’ve written a decent plan referring to her as Person A, but I’m about to get started on a first draft and I need a proper name for her. Thanks all! 

There is a lot that can go into choosing a name - nationality - what century - poor or rich. Was she named by her mother or her father? Was she raised by a single parent? Once you figure all that out you can look at baby names on the internet with their meaning.

• Cousin

Lee and Pelham. 

So what precisely is your difficulty in finding 'a proper name' for your character?

Don't you KNOW any names? Don't you have a name, don't your brothers and sisters, mother and father, school friends, teachers and local shop-keepers have names?

Don't you ever open a newspaper or magazine, read a book, or glance at the names in the closing titles of ANY movie or TV programme?

How can you NOT see names everywhere around you?

Please. This is totally pathetic. Just pick a name, ANY name that you don't actively dislike, and use it.Not one of your readers is going to care a hoot whether the character is called Sue or Fiona or Margarita-Xenia Armstrong-Siddely. 

• mars

Stella MacLean.

• Spike

Here goes some name ideas. Where the first and last names sound good together. But IF you don't like it, you can just use either the first or last name or mix your own. With any of the first and last names.

Jane Ma

Maggy Lau

Cynthia Chinn

Calliope Lin(Cal for short)

Irene Lee

Rosemary Sue

Kim Tat

Judy Ho

Veronica Cruz

Roberta Gonzales

Rosemary Orozco

Amber Lee

Pam Cook

Carmen Chu

Julie Chen

Juju Chang

Sharon Tay

Linda Yu

Judy Hsu

Jessica Wong

Jamie Sommers

Kris Munroe

Grace Park

Rena Marlette 

Marina Sirtis

Deanna Troi 

Marla Heasley

Amy Amanda

Blanca Marsillach

• Expat

Look at old white pages phone books. They were great for literally thousands of options. The other, and I do enjoy this is walking through older parts of cemeteries reading people’s names. As a writer you will tend to start thinking and wondering about their lives. You might find more than a name but a story as well.

• Tina

Germolina Fangorian

• Andrew

Olivia Hasnoimagination

My advice is to use the names of anyone here who takes your question seriously, and post the completed nightmare on Wattpad. That'll show 'em.

• Marli

While I have no problem with first names, I find I pick dull last names.  I'm a great fan of looking in the indexes of history books.  Lots of good names, especially if you look in a book about the Middle Ages or about U.S. or Canadian History. 

You can type "surname" or "last name" + "generator" into your Google or other search engine's box. 

The first names can be accessed by typing "first name" or "personal name" generator in the box or by looking for the Library of Congress subject heading "Names - Personal" in your library's catalogue (the books themselves usually sit in Dewey 922-923)

• Marli

One thumb down I can comprehend; but three? My answer is as sensible as the others.