ROBLOX asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 2 months ago

Almost All Channels Are Scrambled!?

I have Verizon. I used a splitter so I can use the TV's cable input and STB. I tried it and I end up most of the time unscrambling almost 700 channels every time. All I have is KYW-TV. Is Verizon causing it? I remeber getting triple of that channel! Can someone tell me what happened or if their is solutions? TV: Samsung TV 2013 Model.

The cable company is encoding the signal.  You need a second STB or something else with a cable card to decode it.  See if the TV allows you to insert a cable card.  If so, ask the cable company how much it will cost.  I have Verizon and pay around $5 per month for mine, which is in my TiVo.

• ROBLOX2 months agoReport

That was informitive and cable cards on tv's are hard to come by so I will try maybe a Tivo.

Splitter reduces signal in half ( 1 to 2 type) ,weak signal causes trouble. An amplifier might need to boot back the signal strength.

If the cable company scrambles signals, 

you need their box. 

It's that simple. 

Call Verizon and ask them.