Is there anything wrong with listening to extreme music genres like deathcore and grindcore?

I guess it's okay, but I don't see how anybody could listen to that stuff for hours on end really. It's not my thing.

There's nothing wrong with listening to any flavour of music, extreme or not.

Maybe I might draw the line at post-melodic pre-grunge antireligious polka-core, but only the extreme stuff.  

Source(s): There actually is no such thing as all that post- pre- -core extreme nonsense. It's like the current overuse of the word literally.

Listen to whatever genres or sub-genres you like and connect with. I personally hate Deathcore, but Grindcore is one of my favorite sub-genres. Just make sure the bands you listen to don't influence you to do any bad things and don't let the music effect you in a negative way.

Only if you believe there's some kind of truth or meaning behind it.

But that's true for all forms of Entertainment.

• Andrew

I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with it, but there are several observations that can be made: Firstly, practically everybody who listens to that type of music is young - ninety-nine percent of the fan base for those bands is easily under 30 years old. And while that's not a crime, it does demonstrate that there's a maturing process in people that eventually leads to them moving away from that style of music and the wannabe counter-culture associated with it. Secondly, that type of music is renowned for being extreme - extremely loud, extremely depressing, and the fact that the music is so aggressive and unhappy means that people that listen to it all the time are being affected by those things. 

I'm not insinuating that people who listen to aggressive music are more likely to be aggressive, and I'm not implying that people who listen to depressing music are more likely to have issues with depression, but if that's ALL the person listens to, or constitutes the bulk of what that person listens to, then yeah, I could definitely see that leading to problems. 

😟

It hurts?

Not exactly easy on the ears, bro.

No there isn't. We have our own tastes.

• Brian

If you enjoy it, and it doesn't affect you in any way; it is fine.