Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Regret having a child :(?

Hate me all you want but you don't understand the stress you have to take on from looking after a child. I m 29 and a new mother of 1 son called Mason. He is 4months now and Im stressed as hell. No time for myself, no privacy, no time to think, no happiness no money. It's all about my child with constant caring and nurturing. The dad lives with me but he works a lot and comes in at night helps a little but during the day he s gone again and I m honestly so unhappy. I don t have my friends anymore, no free time to walk up when I want etc. I love my son so much but you guys don t understand unless you ve got kids on how your life changes. It s absolutely draining me, I feel I ve lost my identity. Taking responsibility isn t for me and now Ive learned that the hard way where I cant escape from this now on. Help 

You need a break! 9 months of pregnancy and 4 months of breast feeding.. its been a full year you havnt had a stress free break. A break... I dont know how you can get it but you need it to get back on track!

And please dont make a decision that would F up the kids future! That little ba5tard is innocent!

I have a friend who has been married for 12 years and they are still trying to have a baby.   You in the other hand, feel burdened by the GIFT of God.   When you see a beautiful thing such as your baby as a burden, you wont feel blessed and thankful.  Have a love for your baby.   See the cute baby and feel blessed.   When you are tired taking care of the baby.   You need professional help such as a baby sitter.  You can pay a high school student and you need to teach her what to do before giving the responsibility.  

Then don't spread your legs apart, ******* sorry excuse for a human being.

It will be worth it when you are old and dying. It's nice to have family around you when you die as oppose to have no one. I'm a single man. My engagement fell apart. It kind of made me realize that family is the most important thing in life. Don't give your son for adoption. You will regret it. 

• Mr. L.

It’s called Postpartum Depression, get help and get help fast.

• patty

Why don't u stand up for yourself and ask the father for help. He has it easy and knows it.

Four months is actually an easy stage, despite waking up every three hours overnight. Just wait until they get mobile, then you REALLY have no time, privacy, etc. Mine are two and four years old.

My kids were planned and I don't regret them, but life was a LOT easier before I had them. That's for damn sure.

From what i can understand, you got a bit overwhelmed with the sudden change, and you weren't prepared for it. Of course your life is going to change, but it seems that you miss having free time for yourself more than anything else. The first few months and years of being a mother are probably the hardest one. The kid is still a baby and needs constant attention. After they grow up a bit in 3/4 years, they become more easily managed, and when they become old enough to go to kindergarten, it gets even more easier from that point on. Isn't there someone in your family that can help you out with raising the kid? Your mom? Parents? Relatives? Can't they come visit you occasionally and look after the baby? If not, you just have to accept that you have a different life now, you are not a single teen anymore, you are a mother and have to put your baby first. Your life comes second. Your hobbies will have to take a back seat for couple of years until the kid is old enough and doesn't need constant attention, then you will have more time for yourself.

I would advice you to try to accept this life change and if you can't it might be better to start thinking about adoption while the baby is still young. But before you think about that, give your baby a chance so you don't regret your decision later. You can't be a free spirit teen forever, at some point life has to change and we have to become a different person. There are times when we have to put our needs and joy second to more important things. Realize that your current situation is only temporary and will not last forever. But also realize that your single teen years are gone and you have to look at the future.

HAHA!!! 😊 Your life's over. You did that to yourself. You fell for "abortion is wrong" and now you feel stupid for letting him grow within you knowing there ain't no way back. Give him to your husband and leave do not ever look back. You're unfair to do a come back when Mason is grown up man. I see sooooo many mom and dad's try walk into their son/daughters life when they skipped responsibility part when they were babies. You're selfish and need a good slap!!! 

• Lesley1 month agoReport

Agreed.