if you were my mum would you have signed a letter that would have got my saturday detention put off until next week ?

i have just got home from se4rving a 4 hour saturday detention, it was VERY dull and VERY misreable, my complaint is i was supposed to go out this morning with my friend who is having her 15th birthday we were all going to a top theme park as i had saturday detention i couldnt go, we have to give our parents a slip which says why we got detention etc, it says that the only way a student can escape being punished is for a parent to write a letter, weddings doctors etc , i asked my mum to lie for me so i could go to my friends party but she refused saying if i have done wrong then i should be punished, i think this is so unfair what do you thin k ?

• Edna

I would NOT write a note asking that my child be excused from a Saturday detention (especially not just because the child wanted to go with her friends to a theme park). The only time I would write such a note would be if the child was VERY, VERY sick or if there had been a death in the family.  

It is NOT unfair!  Saturday detention is your punishment for your bad behavior, so live with it. Nobody ever said your life is going to be "fair". You did the deed; now pay the consequences.

• GB

I have an idea what it would be like, which would have led me to avoid behaviour that would lead to the detention.

You got detention, you serve it.   Excusing you would enable you to do it again.  Grow up. 

i think ur mom should change ur nappy and potty train you before ur grown, this will help u cut back on all the detentions ur facing.

good luck juvenile delinquent, i hope i helped!

Suck it up Butter cup.

Actions have consequences.

Stop whining and suck it up. You could have avoided detention by not doing whatever it is that got your a$$ there in the first place. Therefore, I agree with your mom's decision. She is right, You only feel bad because you are missing something good...which is the point here. SO maybe you learned a lesson.

• i hated saturday detention it was so long dull and misreble

Back with this story?

Nope

Id not only make sure you went to detention, I'd take away all the electronics permanently and make sire you studied 

No,

Yôu need to learn that their do xist

Pnalty for our actions in lif which is 

Sadly tru & hrd swallowing when 

Śpôilėd !!

.........................................................................

• edward

Shouldn’t have done something stupid. My school was open 7 days a a week and Saturday detention would have been served in the student council building behind the school. I don’f know what kind of teacher wants to hang out at school on a Saturday the same way you probably didn’t want to be there

• edward

Using the word cruel twice is redundant.   Since Saturday detention was held in the student council building i would usually let kids off because i don’t really want to go to school on a Saturday just to unlock the door and wait around to lock it again.

• audrey

Totally fair. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

• saturday detention was awful i had to get up at 730am then put on my school unirorm my mum then drove me to schooll after given me a lecture, we were then given a school uniform inspection top button done up tie and blazer smart, then 4 hours of punishment essays, MESREABLE ?