Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelNepal · 2 months ago

WHY IS NEPAL COUNTRY SO POOR?

United States. OF AMERICA IS A BETTER COUNTRY >>>.   USA IS MUCH BETTER.

USA is better,  corse I never left the country,  USA is much cleaner,   I read about nepal l. I read they put the kids out at 5 years old to work, they let there kids hang with older men ,,,such a disgusting dirty country 

• Marty

i have been to Nepal and i was

amazed by the hospitality of the people!!

they are not "poor"

great country, great people !!

• Lisa

Poor Nepalis cannot afford to send their children to school as there is no public education.  Those children are raised to participate in the family, so the oldest ones help around the house and take care of the younger ones.  If there is a family business or any sort, they would certainly help out.  Middle-class and wealthy Nepalis certainly send their children to school.  Their children may work very hard with their school work, but that is not so different than what some children do in the United States.

I have been to Nepal many times.  It is not disgusting at all.  The people are very kind and decent and the majority have very high moral standards.  I would say the average Nepali is more moral than the average citizen of the United States.  In addition, Nepalis treat outsiders really kindly.  I always feel safe there.  

The reason why Nepal is a poor country has to do with a lack of many natural resources.  In addition, they have no port (i.e. access to water-based shipping) so almost everything must come in either by air or by truck via India.  There are very few jobs there, so many men and some women go overseas to countries in the middle east or to Malaysia, for instance, to get what jobs they can.  While those jobs pay better than what they could get in Nepal -- if they could get a job at all -- they are still quite low paying.

you clueless yank !!..braindead ..you probably have never left america ..but i have been to nepal ...the people have very little but they welcome you as a friend ....they would share their last meal ....

• hihi!

natural resources and arable land would help ANY country be wealthier. 15% of Nepal is good for farming. mineral varieties are quite a few... but sparsely found.

maybe its hard to get jobs there