Do apple employees receive an iphone? Do they prefer if you do use an iphone?

I've got an interview at an apple store in a week or so, when I applied I had an iphone and started on my cv that I use my iphone on a regular basis. Since that however I've unfortunately had that iphone stolen :( my parents went out and bought me a new phone without me asking or anything so i had no idea but it's a galaxy s10 plus. 

Dont get me wrong I'm not ungrateful for the phone and actually like it so I'm not bashing android phones or anything but presumably everyone in the apple store will use an iphone? When I've been in they all seem to have apple watches and the like whereas I've been given a galaxy watch to go with it 😂

Just thinking if they will see it as an issue or are you provided an iphone to use during work hours or something

I'm keen to work there and like apple stuff in general but I'm not to the point where I'm going to rush out and buy an iphone......

They did give me a phone for work use only, to scan & such. You will receive 25% discounts on every Apple item. I worked at Apple last summer, they did give me a free iPhone Xs, because of my great worth ethic. You won’t just receive a new iPhone for nothing, you have to show them your work ethic & customer service. Apple does not care if you own a phone that’s not an iPhone. 

• Carolina1 month agoReport

You’re welcome, working at Apple is very fun & gives you great sales experience. Enjoy (:

• not at all in my opinion

LMFAO! You included your type of phone on your CV? LMAFO!

Apple retail stores do not care which phones you happen to own. If you are in sales, you will of course need to know enough about the products you are selling, to actually sell them. Same for if you are in tech support, just instead of selling, it will being able to trouble shoot and repair, depending on the level of support you you are doing. 

Everything else will be common sense and the ability to learn and retain information about the products. 

i would just ask them this question

• Kyle

they might get one for work to help with purchases and such.  but i don't think you can take it home with you as your personal phone.

i would imagine you'd get employee discounts to use on store items to get apple gear.