Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

How can I avoid Juory Duty? I've received a summons telling me I have to attend, I'm in the state of Georgia, but I'm seriously uninterested?

And my County is Dougherty. I do not want to attend, can I call and let them know? I received one back when I was about 21 and I didn't go, nothing happened when I decided not to go then, I'm 26 now but I'm not sure what will happen now.

I would just go if I were you, or let them know the reason why you cannot attend. They may excuse you.

If they didn't give you a way out. Then you will have to report to the place designated.   But you'll be oahed for lost work time. And explain the situation to them. Most likely you just sit u till being called. I don't you could, actually be forced to serve; like forcing a person to vote.

Ut I don't see why the wasn't q way to opt out, on the summons. FAILIRE RO REPORT, COULD REAULT IN A WARRENT BEING ISSUED FOR ARREST. In reality,  nothing usually happens-- like last time 

Say you are biased, prejudice, or know the defendant. .  If a murder trial, say UR against death penalty. Worked for me.

I have sleep apnea.  When I was picked for jury duty or the selection.  I purposely fell asleep twice and let them know I have sleep apnea.  I was dismissed and had it permanently documented I suffer from sleep apnea I cannot serve. 

Fill out the "why I can't serve portion" and sent it back in.

OR do nothing and if a warrant is issued for your arrest, you can explain things to the Judge.

You probably won't even be picked to be one of the possible people they go through. If you are, just say you know (s)he is guilty- just look at them.

You can postpone if you'd like.

Jury duty is your civic duty and you should to it willingly. You sound like a terrible person - please don't reproduce.

• I did jury duty all But once, I could not afford the time off work. $5 a day doesn't cut it. in this case, I lied, said" against DP" in murder  trial, which can last Weeks.. I would have been fired.

• .

There is an online form you can complete to request to be excused.  But it's not automatic.  You probably will be required to show up.

There is absolutely no way you did not get fined. This time you’ll be risking jail time.

• STEVEN F

Actually, it is possible they didn't bather enforcing the summons 5 years ago. If there is a clerical error, this isn't something they go out of there way to remedy.