Do you agree with this statement on interracial marriage?

Bobby Wallace, 1977 interview on interracial marriage

"I was aware that Janice was white, but that wasn't why I married her. We had a good thing going, we had good chemistry, and she was a great friend. By me being a man, I'm attracted to women period. If I see a woman of a different race whom I think is beautiful, I wouldn't deny her beauty just because she's not the same race as me. I like beautiful women in general and I naturally go with the vibe that they give off. It's just that the one I chose happened to be white"

"Being a black man in America, I expect friction from folks for being with her but thats because Americans are socially constructed. I could tell Janice had feelings for me but was worried about disapproval from her family. I spoke with her and that changed her whole prescriptive."

no....................

I disagree with the statement on his interracial marriage to white woman, especially since he is black. White people have

the most favored features of racial appearances and appreciated rates of human development indexes and black people

have the worst racial identity issues because of their distinctive aspects of racial appearances and lower rates of human

development indexes so black people are noticeably most likely to be married to white people because of their interiority

complexes of being a nonwhite race and envying the racial appearances and human development indexes of white race.

No I don't, it's a one way view.

Black women are ugly, he has to look out side his race for beautiful women.

• Dave

Black women are not ugly.  
      Catch a Falling Star:
      http://tiolibooks.com/blank_1.html

• reme_1

You and your wife were brave to face all the racist crap from others- like the Loving couple- although they had to go to court to fight for their right to be married.

I am glad it turned out ok for you; I can only hope you weren't faced with too much BS from people. You can't help who you fall for and if you have an open mind, the color and background shouldn't be a deterrent. My best to you always

Lardell, stop it.

It's dishonest to pretend you're not asking about yourself. I've seen you here with the same @#$%^& obsession for so long I know it's you before I even see the user name.

Write your book or don't, but stop this kind of misleading behavior.

Is it just a coincidence that your username is also Bobby or are you asking us about your own comments about your own marriage?

• Brother X

Oh ok, so to answer you, my teacher told us that it is better to marry our own women.  So many people misunderstood him, they say he was a racist.  But he wasn't, he was looking out for our best interests.  After 400 years of being lynched something had to be done.

As there are no biological races in humans, there is no such thing as "interracial marriage". Couples with different skin colour are often seen in European countries and many others without anyone commenting or remarking upon it. It seems it is only in the USA where the inherent racism in the country finds it odd.

• Zach2 months agoReport

You are a moron. Race is not just skin color. We don’t call Japanese a white person because they have white skin. We told you this so many times. Yet you repeat it like a broken record. That means you are not interested in learning, you come here for spreading your propaganda