Why does anyone need a gun?

How could you live with yourself knowing that you murdered someone even in a self defense scenario?? Sure it was for your own safety but still, it should make you feel bad. 

36 Answers

Relevance
  • Prince
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

EVERYONE needs a gun. Think how much safer the children at Sandy Hook Elementary would have been, had they ALL been packing. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I remain amazed that none of the families sued Sandy Hook for gross negligence in allowing that slaughter to take place.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Well its not considered murder if its self-defense. People have guns for many reasons to protect family, hunting, showing off, etc.. I mean if someone was to point a gun at you and you had one to what would you do? Try reason with them and find a mutual agreement? Whatever the case be everyone has a reason to fight or to live for. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

So the kids can run with their pumped-up kicks as the one with the gun has all the fun.

• SMA 5561 month agoReport

Same reason I own a sling shot.

• 1 month ago

Target shooting, trap shooting, practice for competition, protection etc, and the 2nd Amendment guarantees this right.

• SMA 5561 month agoReport

Same reason I own a sling shot.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

BThere are two types of gun owners:

Criminals

And

Law-Abiding Citizens

The reason why Law-Abiding citizens have guns is because there are criminals.

It is pretty elementary.

Like animals in the wild, legal gun owners have a will to survive and protect their own.

Gun ownership is optional, so you get to choose whether you want to be a responsible gun owner...or not.

Edit:  okay, okay.....my answer excluded hunters and those sport shooters because of the nature of the question asking about murder.

• ...Show all comments
    • Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Maybe worth pointing out that they could (in theory) completely outlaw firearms for hunting or other sports without any violation of the Second Amendment, which isn't about protecting the rights of sportsmen.

• 1 month ago

I could easily live with myself KNOWING I KILLED SOMEONE TRYING TO HARM, KILL, or Rape my Wife and Kids or grandkids.. 

I went to a few other countries during my almost 33 years in the military and killed people there to.. 

I DO NOT REGRET OR FEEL BAD at all for serving my country.

• ...Show all comments
    • Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Basic self-defense law: you're not "killing an intruder"; you're de-animating a violent aggressor to save lives.

• 1 month ago

You shouldn't feel bad for defending yourself they put you at risk its their fault. Imagine someone or multiple people breaking into a persons elderly mothers house while she is there alone and tell me why someone would need a gun. You already know why people need guns 

• 1 month ago

Because if it was a self-defense scenario then it was not murder. It was a killing. And I wouldn't feel bad at all if I had to kill someone to save my life or my family's life. And you know - well over 100 million people were killed by their own governments in the past century. Don't think that is not possible in America - the reason it hasn't happened is because The People are armed.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Pretty sure you WOULD "feel bad" for having been put into a situation where your only choice was to terminate someone else's life.  You may be relieved to have survived, but the event may still have lasting psychological impact on you.

• 1 month ago

Who ever said they don't feel bad?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

defend themselves against stronger violent people. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.