Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 months ago

Why muscular guys keep small dogs as pet?

1 - Why wouldn't they;

2 - Why does this concern you; and

3 - Back to "why wouldn't they."

If I follow your logic, the bigger the man the bigger the dog.  I understand you own a toy breed.

Why not?   If someone just wants a pet.. Why cant they have the breed they want?  Small dogs generally have less energy, eat less, poop less and are more compact.   Make for better travel companions and generally tolerate apartment life better than a bigger dog.

Because small dogs are fcking adorable, bro.

I don't need a big dog.

Why not................

• Jojo

Just because a guy is macho looking and may present a tough attitude to the world in general, does not mean he feels the need to have a big dog as a status symbol. Many big muscular man have gentle natures and just like anyone else, may prefer small dogs to large dogs. Also not ALL small dogs are lap dogs. The JR terrier and the Border terrier for  example are tough little dogs.

And have you ever considered that men that are seen walking little fluffy dogs, may be taking their wife's dog for a walk !!!! 🤣🤣

Why shouldn't they.  Guys like that are an immediate draw to women anyway as they see past the outside to a compassionate caring confident human. 

If there were a psychological aspect of it, beyond them simply having a favorite breed or happening to like that dog, then I'd imagine it'd be an unconscious effort of their part to decrease how intimidating they are, or to convey a sense of gentleness to potential mates.

aka, "I'm big and strong, but look how gentle I am... I'll be great for your kids."