Anonymous

How can I get into university of Chicago after being rejected?

I was recently rejected from my dream school uchicago! Is there any chance I could get in after getting rejected? Thank you so much for your help!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

No, not this year. If you were waitlisted there's be a (slight) chance, but you were rejected outright, so your high school record is just not good enough for the University of Chicago. 

Since UChicago is a private university, not a state school, going to community college for a year or so and reapplying has little chance of success. 

So attend your second choice school (or your favorite of the ones you are accepted to) and get the best grades you can manage. If you still want to attend UChicago, you can apply as a transfer. The transfer deadline is currently March 1. 

I do NOT recommend you try to transfer in the spring semester of your freshman year. Send in your transfer application in the spring semester of your second year, because:

1. You want a great academic record in college to make up for your unimpressive (to UChicago) high school record. One full semester at college (your second semester will only be in progress if you apply in March of your first year) won't be enough to convince them you're a great student, but three full semesters will, assuming you do well in all of your classes.

2. You want to give your own university a fighting chance. If you keep living in a dream world in which you're going UChicago, you won't learn to enjoy your current college. And it's pretty unlikely you'll be accepted as a transfer; unlike public universities, UChicago does not reserve seats for incoming transfers, so they only accept transfers if enough people drop out. So settle in, make friends, and decide later if you want to transfer. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You'll have to apply again next year.

However, I know someone who applied to Harvard three times before she got in.

In the meantime, you really need to make yourself stand out.  I am very, very familiar with Chicago, and they are looking for very smart, very interesting and intriguing people. They like intellectuals who've done unusual and original things with themselves.

• 1 month ago

Networking is the solution.

• 1 month ago

IF you get into another highly prestigious, highly competitive university & do very well there, perhaps you could apply to transfer for your last 2 yrs. But don't expect they accept transfers from community college or lower-rated schools.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Rather depends why you were rejected

• 1 month ago

Thousands of seniors around the country don't get into their dream schools, so they swallow their disappointment and go somewhere else. Your options are to try again as a transfer student or go to the U. of Chicago as a grad student.

• 1 month ago

I'm sorry. I'm sure your are upset.  If you were rejected rather than waitlisted, there is nothing you can do to get accepted for fall of 2020 as a freshman.  For whatever reason, your current "resume" of GPA, courses, SAT/ACT scores, letters or recommendation, and extracurricular activities were not what the UoC was looking for--or your's weren't as impressive of the thousands of other kids who also applied. Don't feel too bad, 91% off all applicants are rejected. 

Your only option moving forward is to attend another university, improve something about your academic attributes, and apply as a transfer student.  Unfortunately, U0C has a 99% retention rate, so the number of opening isn't going to be large.

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Only if something in your application has changed. You took the ACT again and scored higher. You go to a community college or other university and earn a better gpa and transfer in. 

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There are thousands of colleges in the US. It’s about getting an education... not fulfilling your ego.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

take the hint. if you are this stupid you dont deserve to go to ANY university

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.