Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysValentine's Day · 6 months ago

should i dump my boyfriend for not caring about valentines day?

he took me to a mcdonalds drive thru and got us ice cream for valentines day, and i bought him a £120 armani perfume. When i told him i was upset that he didn't do anything special for me, he said that i should "appreciate" the fact that he took me out for ice cream, i feel so crap and unloved. I seriously feel like dumping him

• Jo

Go for it, that guy sounds like a tool.

hahaha marry him... HE IS SMART WITH HIS MONEY... 

• Sammy

Yes, dump him. He will be better off without someone as vindictive and petty as you.

So because you fell for the commercial and materialistic crap that St Valentine's Day has become, you want to blame your boyfriend who has some sense? He's one to keep not to dump.

• Laurie

Yes... you should break it off ... because HE deserves to be with someone who is not superficial.

My wife and I she our time and energy................priceless. She got her own yogurt w/blueberries and I got my own ice cream.

We could spend $100. on a dinner w/o a problem. Di you know how we can do that? We don't waste $100 on a meal.

• David

You were lucky because Saint Valentine himself got nothing on his special day.

• ­

There's no reason to Valentine's Day exist, you also shouldn't care about it.

Your boyfriend sounds classy