Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Does trolls make people suicidal with their abuse?

I think so. Words hurt and words do trigger Peoples mindsets to suffer. What do you think? 

Only if you let them. No, most people don't feel suicidal after trolls attack them. Hurt? To some extent. Suicidal? No way. If you feel suicidal after an anonymous troll attacked you on the Internet, then there's likely something wrong with you. 

No, I think that's just a theory to push an agenda for policing the Internet.  I believe people commit suicide due to a state of mind, not a situation.

Yes, but of course it depends on the circumstances. It depends on the amount of the abuse, the level of abuse and the circumstances of the person himself. Few troll jabs probably won't do any harm, but if consistent abuse will most definitely have an enormous impact on the person, and if that person doesn't have any support in real life to combat the abuse, they may feel that suicide is the only way out.

I find it funny how people below me say it's just words, and that they shouldn't take it seriously. I wonder how many of you have ever been bullied in school or online? I bet that the moment someone bullies you and triggers you and puts you down and makes you feel like a useless garbage, you would change your opinion very quickly.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

nobody can make you Suicidal. Suicide is a CHOICE. you always have an alternative choice no matter how miserable you feel.

• beck1 month agoReport

Suicide is a choice, yes. But In the shoes of anyone going through intense depression that is the only solution. Even though it’s just a permanent solution to temporary pain.

No. Words are subjective and do not factually cause harm unless you believe it to be true. If I called somebody a fat ugly idiot. Does that mean everyone will get offended who I said it too? No. The comments are seen and perceived as different ever time. Some laugh abuse off some take it personal, some don't care. So someone killed themselves nobody else did that. YOU have a choice to come off social media. You're own faults if you wanna stay online and think everyone is going to be "positive" good doesn't exist without bad. So suck it up. So those who killed themselves made their choice to end it through some non factual beliefs about them. Work on that yourself. Words are subjective simple.

Words matter, yes, but if trolling drives someone to suicide there must be other problems present.  Trolls are indeed annoying though, people should never intentionally manipulate other people's emotions for their own amusement.