Someone really good at English, please?

I am reading a document about electronic devices and I don’t understand the line in capital letters. I am not a native English speaker. Please, explain this line to me, thanks:

“The Parties agree that the conditions of this agreement are the result of negotiations between the Parties and that this agreement should not be construed in favor of or against either PARTY BY REASON OF THE EXTENT TO WHICH SUCH PARTY PARTICIPATED IN THE PREPARATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.”

There is no excuse for misunderstanding because of all of the discussions that were made during the preparation of the agreement.  There was ample opportunity to identify any possible problems BEFORE the agreement was finalized. 

The logic is as follows: If any such problems had existed, then the person ought to have raised them then, during preparation of the agreement.  Failure to do so means that there was no actual problem at the time of signing.  Once you sign, you don't have a right to change your mind.  That is the entire purpose of the signature.  The excuse of "but I could not know" is not valid. You were given full opportunity to find and identify any possible problems.  Failure to have done so is not the fault of the other party, it is your fault alone.

if there is any ambiguity in the contract later on, one party can't claim that it has to be decided in their favor because the other party wrote up the contract and left an area vague.