E C asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Should I remove a cheesecake from the pan before refrigerati=ng?

no, let cool first on the counter them  refrigerate before remove it from the pan 

No real need to, in fact, keeping it to set overnight in the pan will make sure it sets the way you want.  Just make sure that it has cooled completely before refrigerating--tightly covered in cling film in the fridge.  If you don't let it cool before, it will sweat in the fridge and cause the top to be wet and gluey.  

• denise

If its chilled and set, I'd decant it onto a plate and refrigerate it.

• Jennifer

I don't know if you care or not--I don't, I'm not complaining. I'm just telling you for your own information in case you do care, that "decant" is pretty much used exclusively for liquids.  It literally means "to pour." Unless you're working in a lab, then it's something else entirely.

It’s generally chilled completely before being removed from the (springform) pan.

• IvaB

If you used a spring form pan (which I assume you did) just remove the side piece.It can remain on the base of the pan,but be careful not to scratch the base when you slice a piece(s) .Cover with plastic wrap before refrigerating

No. I always refrigerate it overnight in the pan before removing it the next day. It's much easier to handle when chilled and firmed.

• Joe

Yes, yes, yes! .....................................

After baking I cool for about 1 hour then I run a knife around the edge of the pan so that the cheesecake does not start to crack. (if the cheesecake is attached to the sides of the pan as the cake cools it will contract and the edges stuck to the pan can cause cracks to form.)

I then cool for an hour or two then refrigerate overnight before I remove the cake from the pan. (If I am putting a glaze on the top I put that on before I remove the pan so that the topping remains on the top rather than flowing over the side.

• Goerge

No, it's best to make sure it's completely set and a springform pan is the best to use with cheesecakes. Did you cook your cheesecake with a bowl of water?

• God

Just leave it in the pan and cover it if it's going to be in the refrigerator for awhile.