l asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

how to lose 2 pounds per week without storing fat?

it says i need to eat 1100 a day to lose 2 pounds a week but i hear so many people say eating 1100 calories a day can cause your body to go into starvation mode and start storing fat so how can i lose 2 pounds a week without that happening?.. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • M.P.
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Just eat like a vegetarian. Eat the same amount, same portions but without all the carbs and animal fat. You won't starve. If you need some hearty veggie meal ideas just go to any Indian restaurant, they have tons of vegetarian choices that don't sacrifice taste or quantity.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Caloric restriction leads to a type of survival mode called the arexogenic cycle where everything you eat is stored in your fat cells AND your body tries to curb energy loss by making you lethargic.

AKA reducing or limiting calories ONLY leads to fat GAIN.

Here's how to lose the fat that you are concerned about AND how to prevent diabetes II, most heart disease and acne.

Source(s): Did you think acne outside of puberty or oily or sensitive skin was natural? "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D
  • Logan
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Any reduction in calorie intake will cause metabolism to slow.  The result is that you lose less fat than expected, but you wont gain fat.     

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.