pearlmar asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Is the TV movie Downton Abbey worth watching?

I don't know. I stopped watching that show just a ways into the third season because I got bored with it.

If you watched the show its a visit back with old friends with a bit of a benign plot. If you haven't seen the show there's not much there. 

If you like period stories it is good.

Yes, I you liked the series.

Do you mean the TV show or the theatrically-released movie?  The movie won't make any sense if you didn't watch the TV series.  And if you watched the TV series, the movie takes place a few years after the end of the series.  So if you want to continue following the lives of the Crawleys and their staff, you'll probably enjoy it.

As for whether the TV series is worth watching, some people love it, others find it dull.  It's a British soap opera, basically.  The pacing is slow.  The directing and cinematography are good.  But it can be compelling.  Try watching one or two episodes and decide if it appeals to you.

I haven't watched it, but it has pretty good ratings from critics and audience. See link for more info.