I have a friend who has all identification except for a birth certificate.  Can anyone in here help in proper way to getting a new one?

So my friend and business partner says he needs his birth certificate to apply for housing.  Housing wants to make sure he is a USA citizen.  His B/C was lost in a home fire a few years ago.  He was born in Tyler, Texas.  I was born in Germany; so I do not have any idea on how to help him.  I was wondering if the public had any suggestions.  This because; I can't stand people living with me.  I declare I need your help on this one.  

He just needs to order a replacement copy from the county in which he was born.

https://www.smith-county.com/government/elected-of...

• Tj

he needs to contact the city of Tyler and ask about the procedure of getting a copy

• Mamie

He has to write to the town hall, or city hall, or department of health, in the place that he was born and ask for one.  He must give them his full name and date of birth, as well as his parents' names (his mother's birth name, as well as her married name).  If he knows the hospital where he was born, that will help.  They will probably charge for it.