Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

Are Hollywood movies flopping due to netflix?

In the last five years movies are flopping more and more. Yes, some make huge money, but they are the minority. I've just looked at recently released movies and most flopped.

Netflix, on the other hand, is continuously making more money. And there is Disney + too. Is netflix to blame? are people more content with staying home and binge-watching series than paying more money to watch one movie in the cinema with idiot teenagers who won't shut up?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • saq428
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

They are flopping because most Hollywood actors are pompous assholes who think they are morally superior than everyone else and constantly try to remind people of it. People are growing tired of their arrogance!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Some movies flop because they're really not very good.  Staying home is still staying home.  Movies (in the theatre) are an excellent excuse to get out of the house..  

• 2 months ago

To be fair, this isn’t movie season. December and January usually has a lot more flops then months like May and June which is when the big movies usually come out, or November which is when awardbait movies come out. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Netflix will flop before Hollywood does.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

why do people ask and answer their own questions?

• Sam2 months agoReport

Why do people rant instead of answering a question????

• 2 months ago

I don’t think so, I mean people said the same thing when television was invented especially when cable/satellite tv and when video tapes came along, but if it’s a good film people will go, if it sucks they won’t go. Maybe more films just aren’t considered that good compared to years ago.

• 2 months ago

The biggest reason is the current movies have no plot, no soul. They have nothing but special effects. 

• 2 months ago

Streaming has seriously cut into movie attendance.

Why pay in excess of $20 per person to sit in a dirty theater, with loads of people talking, using their cell phones, out of control children and overpriced food when for just the cost of one movie ticket per month you can watch the same movie in the comfort of your own home.

The only movie houses that will survive are upscale ones that sell food and drinks that one can't easily replicate at home and clean and comfortable environment.

Like the ever expanding retail store closures that can't compete with online shopping.  Customers only patronize establishments that provide an "experience" not just a location.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Movies are often written by committee, aimed at the lowest common denominator in order to attract larger numbers of viewers.  There's an over-reliance on CGI and less emphasis on good writing and acting.  Studios are putting all of their eggs into one or two baskets, making fewer movies but giving them huge budgets.  This leads to significant losses.

Netflix is doing what the studios did for decades - financing lots of different things with smaller budgets.  They're giving writers and directors money for vanity projects that are too risky for the big studios, and are willing to take smaller audience numbers because it's still revenue.  Profits and losses are spread among dozens of projects instead of one or two, which means less overall risk.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Movie theaters just aren't a pleasant experience. They're too cold and there's cell phones and talking everywhere. Beyond that, movies are TOO LONG. I would rather watch at home when it's convenient for me, and I'm not a big fan of fiction, anyway.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.