Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Dementia dad help?

I work for my father on sat and sun he pays me well but he's really MEAN to me. He keeps me in his office for 10 whole hrs sitting in a chair and it hurts my back or if he rolls his wheelchair on my legs he gets mad I move his wheelchair off my legs. I work 12 solid hrs and put up with his abuse just to keep him out of a nursing home! He mentally abuses me with mean words and always uses the lords name in vain at me like God d@mmet. Ruby....😠

Keep in mind I've only had one legit job my whole life and I'm 31 with no work history what so ever and I worry no one will hire me if I decide to quit taking care of him. Good thing is I'm single with no kids

We don't live together 

It sounds like your dad is becoming too big of a problem too handle, finding a really good nursing home who have trained professionals for people with dementia seems like a good option, nursing homes aren’t always a bad thing especially when your loved one has a medical condition that needs constant attention, it would be best for the both of you.

maybe you should put him in a home if you cant handle him

So quit and stop taking advantage of family connections in order to find employment.

No one will respect you if you don't respect yourself.