Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Dementia dad help?

I work for my father on sat and sun he pays me well but he's really MEAN to me. He keeps me in his office for 10 whole hrs sitting in a chair and it hurts my back or if he rolls his wheelchair on my legs he gets mad I move his wheelchair off my legs. I work 12 solid hrs and put up with his abuse just to keep him out of a nursing home! He mentally abuses me with mean words and always uses the lords name in vain at me like God d@mmet. Ruby....😠

Keep in mind I've only had one legit job my whole life and I'm 31 with no work history what so ever and I worry no one will hire me if I decide to quit taking care of him. Good thing is I'm single with no kids

Update:

We don't live together 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

It sounds like your dad is becoming too big of a problem too handle, finding a really good nursing home who have trained professionals for people with dementia seems like a good option, nursing homes aren’t always a bad thing especially when your loved one has a medical condition that needs constant attention, it would be best for the both of you.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

maybe you should put him in a home if you cant handle him

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

So quit and stop taking advantage of family connections in order to find employment.

No one will respect you if you don't respect yourself.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.