Why do so many young girls today harbor feelings of internalized misogyny against transgender women?

It isn't internalised misogyny. If anything, it's rarer for young women to be gender-critical because they haven't experienced the results of male privilege and the benefits cis men and trans women accrue from rape culture. But if they are gender-critical, kudos to them for swimming against the tide of public opinion.

They are not expressing internalized misogyny. 

School athletics were divided into men's and women's leagues on the basis of sex and if you read title ix, you will see it too is based on sex, not gender identity.   These girls are arguing that allowing people who are legally the male sex to participate in sports programs designated for the female sex violates their title ix rights.   I think they have a valid point.

While people are free to identify how ever they want, when it comes to matters of law, people are generally treated according to their legal sex.   Title ix is a matter of law, so it's legal status that should matter.    Claiming I identify as a female won't give me access to a women's DV shelter, it doesn't make me eligible for women's government benefits, it doesn't mean I can play on the LPGA.   The same should apply to high school sports.  

These girls are simply asking that title ix be enforced to protect their athletic experience.  That's not hateful.  

• Servus

I get what you're saying, but you can legally change your sex. You don't even have to undergo surgery to change it. It's as simple as having your name legally changed. So according to the law these are real women.

It's impossible to feel "internalized misogyny" toward a man. Those girls are heroes.