Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

How do I starve myself without getting hungry?

I’ve been trying to lose weight and have been able to little it down to one meal a day but I still get hungry, how do I not?

To clarify I am 5’3” and 125 lbs, my goal is 110

By eating enough. I don't want you to take this as a 'life hack' and start eating only iceberg lettuce and rice cakes like fat people did in the 90s. P.S., they gained 200lbs since then. But the factor you may not be considering is caloric density.

A bodybiulder may eat an entire pizza in one sitting because he needs the density. He has 30ml of stomach space and needs to get 10,000 calories in there. If you're looking to lower your caloric intake, no, you can't eat 3 big macs but make that your only meal because you will be starving. Instead, make something that will keep you full and provide you with nutrition when you do get hungry throughout the day. I've said before it doesn't have to be 1 cup plain oats and 1/2cup raw kale. Something like roasted zucchini and squash drizzled with olive oil and Cajun seasoning. Green tea, walnuts, and a banana is a filling, nutritious lunch or snack. I'm a fan of cucumber and grape tomato dipped in jalapeno ranch dressing. When you want more substance, homemade burritos are great. It's just meat, veg, and bread. If you live in America walmart everything italian loaf with Sabra hummus is the sole diet of one stripper to stay thin; long story.

Long story short, healthy food is in fact tasty and filling. It in fact unhealthy to restrict yourself till you are uncomfortably hungry. And again, don't take this to the extreme and eat mud or toilet paper. To end on a Simpson's joke, when Homer runs into the church yelling "sanctuary!" The reverend says "why oh why did I teach him that word?"